600 Telluride St Ste E, Aurora, CO 80011
Tell us a little bit about yourself? My first job with motorcycles was a job of necessity, after I crashed my brother’s motorcycle when I was 16 and needed a way to pay to fix it! I’ve been working around motorcycles ever since (and crashing a lot less). I have a 22-year old son, Sam, who is now working with me at Motorcycle Depot, making us a true family business. I met my lovely wife, Jean, when I was living in Tucson and we have been married for over 12 years now. Owning your own business doesn’t leave a lot of free time, but when I have it, I enjoy running, spending time with my family and just relaxing.
How long have you been riding and what do you ride? My parents gave me my first dirt bike when I was 12 years old for my 6th grade graduation and I’ve been riding ever since. The fun of owning a motorcycle dealership is the opportunity to drive different bikes depending on what we have in stock and what I (or my wife) feels like. Currently, we are riding a 2017 Harley Davidson Softail Slim.
Are you a native of Colorado or what brought you to Colorado? I am a native New Yorker and have done a little moving around over the years. I have spent time in Boston, Tucson and even Africa. I eventually landed in Colorado so my wife could complete the final leg of her schooling, and we decided to stay. I opened Motorcycle Depot a in 2008, a year after I first moved to Colorado.
Do you ride in a group, club or independently? I’m an independent rider. I enjoy riding with friends when possible.
Name a place you would like to ride but haven’t been to yet? As close as it is, we haven’t had a chance to ride the Trail Ridge Road through Estes Park to Grand Lake. Really any scenic road through the Rocky Mountains is worth the ride.
Tell us a little bit about your business and how long you have been in business? I’ve been working in the motorcycle industry since I was 16 years old and have done pretty much every job in the business since then: lot tech, salvage yard, mechanic. After owning stores in Tucson, AZ, I moved to Colorado and opened Motorcycle Depot in 2008 at our first location on Airport Blvd. In 2013, we were able to expand into a larger building at our current location at 600 Telluride, Ste. E, Aurora, CO 80011. Moving past our 10-year anniversary, we are looking forward to the next 10 years supporting the Colorado Riding Community.
What does your business specialize in? We specialize in providing quality parts, accessories and service for all brands of bikes including Harleys, metric cruisers, ATVs and dirt bikes. We also offer high quality pre-owned motorcycles of every brand and style.
Name 3 things that you want the biker community to know about you?
- I believe in supporting our first responders and surrounding community. To do this, we hold an Annual Ride and Rally that raises funds for a police officer or their family in need. We just finished our 10th annual event raising $12,600 for a police officer’s daughter fighting cancer. Keep an eye open for 2019 event details!
- I am a motorcyclist who likes all kinds of motorcycles from early Hondas to current Harleys.
- I knew I really, really liked my wife when I wasn’t upset that she crashed my Sportster.
Name 3 things that set you apart from your competitors?
- We do business on a first name basis- we want to get to know you and what you ride. As the owner, I am always available either working in sales, service or parts.
- Consign your bike with us with NO UPFRONT COSTS! Easier and safer than craigslist, we do all the work and you get to sit back and relax. No upfront out of pocket expenses.
- Open and honest service- we pride ourselves on running a business with integrity that people can trust and return to time after time, knowing they are being well taken care of.